COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
You can browse our site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you make a donation, join a campaign, participate in a poll or otherwise register with us and give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer, processing and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
- We may collect and store both anonymous and personally identifiable information (“PII”) about you from our website. This information may include:
- name, email address, phone number, mailing address, billing address and birthday and, if you choose, social information (from the social networking site you connected with), your sex, any photos that you upload to the Site;
- transactional information based on your activities on our site (such as posts, searches, donations, purchases, application uses, correspondence sent through our site or to us, etc. and other content that you generate or that relates to your account);
- information from your interaction with our site (such as computer and connection information, page views, keywords searched, IP address, and other statistics on site usage); and
- information from third parties such as our partner web sites, a social network or hosted email provider you may authenticate with.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM ADVOCAY ORGANIZATIONS AND NONPROFITS
If you are a patient advocacy organization or nonprofit and you establish an account with Althea Health, we may collect the name, mailing address, email address, and phone number of the person who establishes the account.
When you visit our Site our servers automatically record information and statistics that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, pages of our website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, etc. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and to better tailor it to our users’ needs.
We may occasionally use “web beacons” (also known as “clear gifs,” “web bugs,” “1 pixel gifs,” etc.) to collect non-personal information.
Like most businesses, we use an Email Service Provider (ESP) to deliver our email and email sent through our system and manage some .our email communications with you. Our ESP does not share these email addresses with anyone else. Your email address is never used for any purpose other than to communicate with you on our behalf or allow you to send emails through the system.
We may also, from time to time, collect geographic information from your computer or mobile device, subject to any applicable privacy settings which you may employ.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
USE OF INFORMATION
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- administer your account, process donations, support your fundraising efforts, and provide products or services to you;
- provide a report to a patient organization or charity to whom you have made a donation (even if you have marked the donation as non-public) through our services, supported a project or fundraising campaign, or fundraised for the campaign or to facilitate the fulfillment of a thank you reward if offered and selected;
- provide a report to individual fundraisers that tells them who responded to donation request or contributed to their campaign,
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- customize, measure and improve our services and content;
- tell you about our services and service updates based on your communication preferences.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO FACEBOOK, OTHER SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES, OR HOSTED EMAIL PROVIDER
The Site allows users to access Facebook to interact with friends and to share on Facebook through Wall and friends’ News Feeds. We do this currently through a third-party service. That third-party service may store some of the information gathered as part of their provision of services to us. Logging into our site and Facebook simultaneously allows us to gather much of the data and analytics from both applications and website. If you do not use Facebook or another social networking site (SNS) to log in then that third-party does not receive any data. Any information that we collect from your Facebook or other SNS account may depend on the privacy settings you have with that SNS, so please consult the SNS’s privacy and data practices. Further, you can edit privacy settings for the reviews that appear on Facebook, or disconnect your Services activity stream by visiting the Facebook Applications Settings page.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information as necessary to respond to legitimate legal requirements, enforce our policies, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations) so long as such service providers have a confidentiality obligation with respect to such information.
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose only information relevant to the investigation.
- Other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, so long as such other business entity has a confidentiality obligation with respect to such information.
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
We support the right of our visitors to choose. You will be given the right to opt-out of receiving any promotional materials about Althea Health whenever you are asked to provide Personally Identifiable Information on the public website www.altheahealth.com. You can contact us anytime at the address listed on the Contact Us page of our website to manage your subscription status or preferences or unsubscribe through the marketing email. Althea Health does NOT market directly to users who register through a partner site using our “Powered by Services.” Users who receive emails from a partner through Althea’s services may unsubscribe from those emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email or by contact us at the address listed on the Contact Us page of our website indicating that you no longer want to receive information from that partner.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. The Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) defines a “Child” as anyone under the age of 13. Althea Health strictly adheres to COPPA. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information obtained through our Site from those we actually know are under 13.
NO RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
SPECIAL NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident and request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices, please send a request to the address listed on our Contact Us page with a preference on how our response to your request should be sent.
USERS FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
CLOSING, REVISING, REVOKING OR DELETING ACCOUNT INFORMATION
Upon your request, we will close your account. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our User Agreement and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
At any time, you may ask us to cease further use of your email address to send you correspondence, and direct us to delete any Personally Identifiable Information you have supplied. Although it is not always possible to remove or modify such information, we will make reasonable efforts to do so. If you have given us information for one of those third parties we mentioned above and we have already passed it on, we may not be able to delete or change the information.
In the event that you have given us Personally Identifiable Information in the past and want to update it, or if you have any other questions regarding this Policy or this Site, you may contact us via one of the methods listed on the Contact Us page of our website.
This Site incorporates safeguards to protect the security, integrity and privacy of the personal information we have collected. We have put in place commercially reasonable precautions to protect information from misuse, loss and alteration, including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) and database encryption. Security of information communicated by or to us over the Internet is of significant concern to us; however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that your email, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use email to communicate information to us that you consider confidential.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Althea. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.